Sunday, December 30, 2007

Taking refuge under Buddha

Shifu and I paid a brief visit to Phor Kha See Temple yesterday. PKS was conducting year end Om's retreat till 2 Jan. I was a bit moved when I heard the familiar Om mani Padme Hum Chanting. My ex-colleague happened to call me yesterday and told me that she would be going down after work to join the retreat. As I wasn't free yesterday night, I decided to join her on Sunday

I woke up as usual on Sunday monring. Dragged myself out of bed for paper reading, then went to gym for jogging and swimming. After gym, I headed to temple at around 1110am to join the chanting. I joined both the 2 sessions in the afternoon, 2 hours per sessions. I hardly practised tibetan chanting when I was active in buddhist circle. This was my first time joining such chanting.

I never tried so hard in a meditation like what I did here. I was using all my might to focus, to be mindful, in hope to heal any wound deep inside my heart and build a stronger mind to overcome hurddle in life. I was fully exhausted after the two sessions both mentally and physically. I didn't know if I had achieved my aim but I could at least temporary got hold of my mind when I was chanting. H appeared many times during the chanting and I was able to observe and manage the feeling on him. My failed relationship had also surfaced. I could also let go when I was chanting.

It was the session that I thought I had full control of my mind again. But the mood swing hit me lightly again right after the session. I managed to contend it with the fresh gain minfulness.

No comments: