Thursday, January 3, 2008

Chapter 1 of Happier

There are two things here attracted me, creating rituals and expressing gratitude. Creating rituals is introduced as a means toward change as compare to focusing on cultivating self-discipline. Building rituals requries defining very precise behaviours and performing them at very specific times - motivated by deeply held values. I will make reading, meditation and writing my rituals from now.

A research shows that those who kept a daily gratitude journal - writing down at least five things for which they wer grateful - enjoyed higher levels of emotional and physical well-being. I see this quite an easy task, will pocket this from now too. The book suggests to write down at least five things that made or make you happy before going to sleep. In retrospect, I will practise writing now for yesterday.

- morning jog: I managed to discipline myself to go for a jog to calm myself and I achieved calmness after the jog.

- Therapy session: Managed to acquire way to sever soul tie and set free my ex. This will help me to move on.

- Listening to Dhama CD : gained some peace from listening to the dharma.

- Bought the book happier : hope to gain some ways to become a more happier person.

- a less stress day at work : Nothing much happening in office. No extra energy required to handle work.

Woke up very early as usual this morning. Sat down for chanting meditation before going to bed again. The fear and panic were still there and I managed to chant "amitabha" continuously to sleep. Woke up at around 745am again, and consciously chanting "amitabha" for a while before going for breakfast.

Reinforcement exercise : I am strong, I have energy and I will deal with problems slowly and steadily.

No comments: